If you have a story to tell about people or events in Lansdowne, Lyndhurst, Ivy Lea, Rockport, Seeley's Bay or surrounding area, we'd love to hear it!
- to discover and promote the importance of our township and surrounding area in the development of Ontario;
- to preserve our history through a permanent collection of archives; to research and compile authentic records of sites of historical interest; and
- to share our history with the community by publishing our newsletter, holding meetings, participating in community events, and providing access through the web.
The Executive Officers
- President: Glennda Olivier
- Past President: Freda White
- Vice-President: Pierre Mercier
- Secretary: Janet Gaylord
- Treasurer: Cheryl Handa Peters
- Archives: Donalda Dorey
- Communications: Glennda Olivier
- Programme: Willie Lacelle
- Public Relations: Donna Dempsey
- Membership: Connie Burns
- Social: Rebecca Webster
- Bill Boulton
- Donalda Dorey
- Gerald Dorey
- Chris Gibbons
- Wayne Anderson
The Leeds and 1000 Islands Historical Society was formed in 1992 and incorporated in January 1994 as an affiliate member of the Ontario Historical Society. Originally the Front of Leeds and Lansdowne Historical Society, we later became known as the Leeds & 1000 Islands Historical Society when the Township amalgamated in 2001. We are grateful to our executive officers, committee members, and community partners for their ongoing support of our work.